The month of October is National Physical Therapy month.
So we decided it would be a good idea to share some
information on the profession and the value of
seeking out physical therapy treatment.
Physical therapists are health care professionals that work with individuals to evaluate, treat, and manage a variety of health conditions and movement problems. Pain is usually the reason that someone will seek the help of a physical therapist. In addition to addressing pain directly, physical therapists look to find the cause of the pain, resolve the cause of pain (often through assessing and treating body movements), and help return to the desired physical activity. Physical therapists are educated, experienced, and qualified to treat pain from headaches to toe pain and many body parts in between. Physical therapists also play a role in identifying pain that requires the attention of another medical provider. In addition to addressing pain, physical therapists can help to improve balance, strength, ergonomics, and body mechanics, reduce falls risk, and treat incontinence.
What Settings Do Physical Therapists Treat Patients In?
* Hospitals (inpatient and outpatient)
* Home health
* School based physical therapy
* Private practice
* Skilled nursing facilities
* Occupational settings
Why Choose Physical Therapy?
* Improve function to allow for continued work and play
* Resolve, reduce, or manage pain
* Increase physical activity to improve chronic health conditions
-Approximately half of American adults have at least one chronic disease (high
blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, depression)²
-80% of American adults don’t get the recommended amount of physical
* Individualized care and treatment plan
* Safer method of treatment for pain controlled as compared to opioids
* Attempt to avoid surgery
* Be informed about your health condition and play an active role in managing or resolving your condition
Why choose Body Renovation Physical Therapy?
* Focused care with a licensed physical therapist for individualized assessment and treatment
* 60 minute sessions (30 minutes sessions are also a possibility) for thorough assessment, treatment, and education
* Work with the same physical therapist for all sessions
* Work with a physical therapist that has experience with your specific needs
BRPT’s physical therapists have experience and advanced training in dry
needling, manual therapy, orthotics, pelvic health, volleyball, running, TMJ,
spine, and vocal cord dysfunction
* BRPT’s physical therapists collaborate with each other and other healthcare professionals for addressing all facets of health and wellness
* Locations in Mequon, Grafton, Brookfield, and Wauwatosa
How Do I Get Started With Physical Therapy?
There are two main avenues to get started with physical therapy. The first is to discuss your concern with another health care provider, and that health care provider refers you to physical therapy. The second is to directly begin physical therapy by contacting the physical therapy clinic or facility. Some insurance companies (for example Medicare) require a physician to refer to physical therapy. However, most other insurance companies allow for direct access to physical therapy.
Body Renovation offers free injury screens. The purpose of this free 30 minute session is to help guide you to the most appropriate treatment: begin physical therapy, education on home remedies, or recommend seeing another healthcare provider such as your primary care provider, an orthopedic doctor, or other specialist.
Please call Body Renovation today to continue on your health journey! We look forward to helping you reach your goals!